It's Been Over A Year Since My Last Post
You may have been wondering where I've been ( but probably not ;-) ). It does not feel like so much time has gone by, but it has.
In that time, I've published , pymata-express, my latest attempt at an Arduino Firmata client, and have been working on some additional features for python-banyan.
The pymata-express project is a pure Python asyncio implementation that uses the latest asyncio features released with Python 3.7. Here are its main features:
- An improved and simplified API.
- A full set of working examples has been supplied with the project.
- A new Arduino sketch, called FirmataExpress, was developed to be used in conjunction with pymata-express.
- When using FirmataExpress:
- The Arduino serial link runs at 115200
- Arduino auto-discovery has been greatly improved by adding a handshake to the Arduino when the auto-discovery process takes place.
- A common simple LED blink example to control all 3 hardware platforms.
- A common tkinter remote control GUI for all 3 hardware platforms.
- A Web Page for each hardware platform that provides Web based remote control for all 3 platforms.
All the demos take advantage of the Banyan Launcher, where from a single terminal window, all the Banyan components for a Banyan application are launched from a single command line.
Lastly, python-banyan is being used Palace Games in San Francisco, as its communictions back-bone. You can read about that here.
Please take a look at python-banyan and pymata-express and let me know what you think.
Post a Comment